Access Menu

Log in via Social

Log in with LinkedIn
Wholeshare

Wholeshare

Eat Better by Shopping Together

Company Overview

Wholeshare is an online marketplace for natural and organic food. We help families buy directly from natural food distributors and food hubs through a group purchasing model. By tapping into the existing wholesale distribution network, we're able to serve every US geography and solve the last mile problems that have plagued food distribution.

Demand for sustainable food exists everywhere, but natural food superchains like Whole Foods can only operate in major cities and wealthy suburbs (about 25% of the US population). Using realtime drop off points, Wholeshare offers significantly lower prices than natural grocery chains and provides tens of thousands of products to the other 75% of the country.


bb80e7b3d0757c97ab168c30fa3cbab7.jpg

4f79cc588a753342299fb625a3e94a04.jpg


96018db13ca2b52391811cfa02a22e7a.jpg


KPIs

8 Employees
$2,200,000 Sales

Traction

  • Launched partnership with UNFI (Whole Foods’ main supplier) to ship food nationally direct from their warehouses via UPS

    June, 2016
  • $180K sales per month with a 80%+ YoY retention

    June, 2016
  • $11,000 average GMV per year per group

    June, 2016
  • Saves buying groups 20% - 50% off supermarket prices

    June, 2016

Testimonials

Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker
Homeschooling mother
"It’s a really great value for the quality that you get. And it’s extremely convenient for me, having three kids."
Stephanie Roberts
Stephanie Roberts
CSA farmer
"Wholeshare is access to good products at a good price. It’s an alternative to the grocery store."
Ruther Dilger Williams
Ruther Dilger Williams
Local food advocate
"It’s really amazing to see the diversity of products on Wholeshare. The quality is so much better. It’s something you believe in, and you’re really supporting people in your community."
Loading...