No company affiliations.
Twenty years combined experience in e-Business, online marketing, technology leadership, architecture, design, and development. Leadership of technology, business, and customer experience of large-scale e-Business services for fortune 80 financial services firm with over $470B in assets under management. Industry expertise includes Financial Services, Retail, Natural Resource Management, Energy, Medical, Publishing, and Flight Simulation.
- Reporting to the Head of Digital Strategy, responsible for leading the development of the vision, strategy, and e-Business solutions required to grow the TIAA-CREF Retail, Individual, Advisory Services, and Institutional businesses. - Define the corporate digital strategy across all audiences, products, and services that drive to our business goals. - Communicate and gain executive consensus for strategy and programs. - Create and gain funding for comprehensive digital program business cases and capitalization models and oversee solution build to steady-state measure and optimize. - Fully comprehend and communicate customer experience needs across the B2B2C digital and offline channels across audiences and products. - Thoroughly understand the fiduciary, retirement plan, and financial planning self-service needs of over 16,000 institutional customers representing over $480B in assets. - Accountable for overall design and customer experience of all secure digital channels including the web, mobile, and social media. - Continuously discover true customer needs using innovative voice-of-the-customer tactics including public and private social media including A/B and multivariate testing. - Create innovative and disruptive digital experiences that captivate the heart and mind of our customers. - Lead the creation of new customer experience models that extend and enhance the human sales & service channels. - Oversee the delivery of all cross-audience e-Business solutions. - Negotiate and contract with outside design and marketing agencies and partner with technical teams on solution delivery. - Define and report channel metrics, cost savings, and business impact. - Drive sales and marketing through engaging content and campaigns as well as institutional RFP development and demonstrations. - Increase online channel adoption via Drive to Web campaigns. - Impact the top and bottom lines of the business by creating new innovations and fully leveraging existing solutions.
- Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, responsible for leading the development of the vision, strategy, and e-Business solutions required to grow the TIAA-CREF Institutional business. - Define the corporate digital strategy that supports the institutional services, sales, and product development business goals. - Thoroughly understand the fiduciary, retirement plan, and financial planning self-service needs of over 16,000 institutional customers representing over $400B in assets under management. - Accountable for the overall design and customer experience of all Institutional digital channels including the web, mobile, and social media. - Continuously discover our true customer needs using innovative voice-of-the-customer tactics including public and private social media. - Create innovative digital experiences that captivate the heart and mind of our customers. - Lead the creation of new digital user experience models that extend and enhance the human sales & service channels. - Oversee the delivery of all Institutional e-Business solutions. - Negotiate and contract with outside design and marketing vendors and partner with technical teams on solution delivery. - Define and report institutional web metrics, cost savings, and business impact resulting from the Institutional e-Business channel. - Drive sales and marketing through RFP development and demonstrations. - Increase online channel adoption via Drive to Web campaigns. - Impact the top and bottom lines of the business through defining new innovative web services and leveraging existing services to their full potential.
- Responsible for the development and support of all www.tiaa-cref.org web services managing an annual budget of $12-$15M. - The secure web provides 2+ million customers with access to over $400 billion in investment assets. - Overhauled the software delivery model operating in a P&L mode while driving a reduction in operating costs and increasing quality. - Lead the evolution and migration of web apps from non-standard technologies to a single cohesive portal platform based on BEA WebLogic Portal and Service Oriented Architecture. - Transformed the developpment and support team from 42 employees, 150 on-site contractors and 26 vendors INTO a team of 35 employees, 60 on/off-site contractors across 2 strategic vendors. - Lead 6 month RFP to find, contract, and partner with a premier global software firm. - Reduced operating cost by 30% while improving site quality and availability by 25%. - Provide thought leadership in software engineering techniques and tools.
- Responsible for all technology development and operations for an emerging financial services corporation servicing the Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) market (www.OFN.com). - Started company with no technology resources and built an asset management platform that now exceeds $14 Billion in assets under administration servicing over 140 IFA firms. - Consult with board members, executive team, investors, and IFA firms in defining corporate strategy and goals - Manage P&L for all technical delivery of the firm - Lead development of data aggregation platform connected to customer and clearing providers - OFN platform services include AIMR compliant web-based portfolio and performance reporting, portfolio analytics, and advice
Compuware: - Architect & Team Lead: Nations Funds CRM/Investment Reporting Portal. - Continued development of the JD Edwards-PeopleSoft CRM solution. - Development of new reports and services as well as design and development of the transaction maintenance application. Stonebridge Technologies: - Architecture definition, product evaluation/recommendation, functional requirement analysis, design, and implementation of database driven web applications. - Key clients include: Ingersoll-Rand, Duke Energy, Canal Forest, CliNETic, London-Bridge, and Just for Feet. - Perform data, object, information flow, and process modeling. - Project management and technical team lead roles as well as development of software components. - Technical sales activities include pre-sales support, proposal development, project cost and resource estimation, technical constraints, presentation, and negotiation.
- Responsible for all Research and Development, Quality Assurance, and Information Systems functions for the New Media division. - Business development lead responsible for managing technical P&L and liaison with clients. - Created first ever e-Commerce sites for clients such as: Lucent Technologies, JButler GUM, and Spiegel - Lead team of 30 engineers and 30 artists in creation of e-Commerce and multi-media solutions
- Troubleshoot, enhance, design, and develop various simulated aircraft models representative of the Lockheed C-130H. - Comply with commercial and DOD 2167A software development standards. - Research C-130H aircraft engineering information and develop appropriate algorithms that accurately duplicate aircraft performance and functionality. - Simulation modules are developed in FORTRAN and C/UNIX. - Perform Federal Aviation Authority and Transport Canada Association level-B simulator certification testing.
- Responsible for hardware and software maintenance of two F-16 flight simulators - Create 3D models for F-16 visual system simulating the Tampa area terrain and Florida training grounds