No company affiliations.
I am a crowdfunding consultant and a passionate challenger of apathy. My goal is to create empathy and capitalize on that to fund innovative projects for social good. I'll be moving to Amsterdam in June 2016 to found KatalyzNation, a consulting and design firm for social innovation, and the Mahan Khush Hostel, a crowdsourced vision. Branding— Copywriting, Social Media platform management, & Creative Direction Business Development— App Monetization, Business Model Assessment, & Strategic Partnerships Engagement— UX Feedback, App Development (non-technical), & Gamification (behavior change) Growth strategy— User Acquisition, Marketing Campaigns, Public Relations & Social Entrepreneurship
- Develop external communications to promote Healthfundr as a thought leader in the health and life sciences industries - Strategize community development, company growth, and platform enhancements for a more seamless UX and enhanced crowdfunding transparency - Assist participating and featured startups and angel investors to develop their own brand and online presence - Act as a channel for new business, filtering through and connecting various healthcare companies to the hf platform
Previously under Nielsen, PHOTO+ is Emerald Expo's largest group and consists of Photo District News, Rangefinder Magazine, Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, and PhotoServe.com. As Marketing Manager for The Photo Group, I coordinated between the Sales, Custom Media, Marketing, and Editorial teams to boost revenue through trade show attendance & vendor exhibitions (at PhotoPlus Expo and WPPI) and photo contest submissions. I took the initiative to propose several Sales opportunities and sponsorships for our tradeshow clients, created a campaign targeting young photographers based on an identified trend of brand loyalty being built in the early years, and exponentially increased the brand's reach by about 60,000 by using non-traditional marketing methods. I worked directly with industry leaders such as Canon, Sony, and ASMP. Additionally, I work with my supervisor, the Director of Marketing, to refine our messaging, to strengthen established relations with companies such as Getty Images, to create new partnerships and assist in developing new streams of revenue. My duties involved copy-writing, design oversight of sales and marketing materials, campaign deployment, outreach communications, public relations management, as well as the oversight of a 10 person team. Analyzing contest revenue, email marketing and social media ad performance, my insights into promotion methods resulted in a 300% YOY increase in contest revenue and a 20% cost reduction in marketing spend.
- Managing the design, creation, and content for future iterations of the Veterans Call app - Devised and now implement the Growth, User Acquisition, Social Media, and Marketing strategies, which have resulted in 32,000 Facebook fans in 2 months and 2,500 app visitors in the 10 days after soft launch - Serve as the point-person and campaign strategist for our six philanthropy partners like Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America and the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund - Propose new partnerships & create pitches for organizations like the NFL and the Brooklyn Nets - Design and manage marketing assets like our brand video: http://on.fb.me/1HlvHgd
-Provide analytical support for mergers and acquisitions transactions and capital raising projects, principally for healthcare and medical services companies. -Create management and pitch presentations after conducting market research and financial statement analysis
I believe crowdfunding is about much more than raising money. It can be a great marketing or business development tool. To date, I have: - Consulted on, to varying degrees, over 125 projects which have appeared on sites ranging from Indiegogo to RocketHub - Assisted in raising over $400,000 on platforms and over $15 million in off-site capital from investments and strategic partnerships My services include: - Content Creation - Campaign Copy - Campaign Strategy - Perk Design & Strategy - Social Media and Marketing Strategy - Video Storyline & Feedback - Business Development Strategy - Entrepreneurial Alliances Please, see my blog on HealthIT Consultant here: http://bit.ly/15dICcx or message me if you're interested in my portfolio (www.komalgarewal.com).
- Compose 4-6 blogs monthly (on issues such as women's health, social justice, inspiring women, politics and current events related to women, or the environment) for the Maxim company webpage in order to promote brand awareness and strategically position Maxim as an activist in the sphere of womens health and related issues - Compose clips to be used on a variety of social media platforms in order to increase website traffic and target specific demographic groups - Attend networking events as company spokesperson to promote environmentally friendly practices in the industry
A Jane-of-all-trades position including: - Crowdfunding Consulting & Project Optimization - Operations Management - Account Management - Consulting for Startups - Business Development - Marketing & Promotional Coaching for Startups
- Research and wrote reports on innovative healthcare and defense technologies in order to enhance strategic client outreach and business development goals for both parties - Assisted in drafting and copy-editing press releases, website content, media advisories, blogs, and communications materials -Worked on the primary health care account and promoted brand awareness by designing and creating content for a website launch
- Assessed the multi-sectoral initiatives by various stakeholders to address HIV and STIs, the reduction of their transmission and of risky behaviors in Samoa - Produced a report that summarized my findings, included culturally appropriate policy recommendations, and highlighted potential areas for WHO intervention that was circulated within the WHO and distributed to its collaborating partners (UNAIDS and various government officials) - Contributed to the strategic planning of the Mass Drug Administration of 2011 to combat Filariasis, the National (EPI) Vaccination Week, and the Anti-Stigma Campaign - Designed and assisted in the procurement of materials for awareness campaigns targeting HIV stigma, vaccinations for children, and domestic violence - Drafted press releases, budget proposals and official correspondence for the WHO and its partners (NHS and Ministry of Health)
Visual AIDS is an NGO that works to promote HIV awareness through art; it also funds the work of HIV positive artists, encouraging them to express themselves and giving them opportunities to be well recognized. Duties included: - Updating and maintaining the electronic archives of artwork by HIV positive artists - Checking the website and web galleries for errors - Copy editing grant applications - Organizing financial records and depositing donations received from fundraising - Raising HIV/AIDS awareness through broadside campaigns and local events - Brainstorming campaign strategies and selecting and distributing provocative materials to promote discussion
Komal Garewal is now following Mine Shaft Brewing & Cali Orchards Hard Sparkling Water A few weeks ago