All your health matters.
An easier, faster, and smarter way to create and deliver podcasts.
I have 15 years experience in product and engineering roles in the LA startup scene. Able to think strategically to develop a product vision and implement supporting plans, teams and systems that meet business objectives. Started as a web engineer and most recently led Product Development for one of LA's hottest new web startups. Advisor to ShoutEngine. Founder of Intake.Me. Expertise in product development (UX, UI, roadmap and vision).
* Developed product requirements document for a funded online community. Consulted on its re-design and migration to a new technology platform. *Produced & re-designed Nick TV's Yo Gabba Gabba's YouTube Partner branded presence, http://www.youtube.com/yogabbagabba, per WildBrain's executives' specifications and business objectives. * Developed a Hollywood composer's website. * Re-architected a site for an organic skin product line & developed a social marketing (Twitter & Facebook) campaign for its launch. * Consulted on technology projects, budgets and web development for a digital media entertainment company. * Advised & implemented SEO optimization for an e-commerce store. * Developed custom WordPress sites and themes. * Recently coded and produced an original Twitter marketing campaign for a Taschen book launch. * Consulted on UX/UI for a new iPhone application that launched September 2009 for the Los Angeles Times.
ShareYoga.com provides information and products by and for yogis. Born from a desire to share the benefits of yoga and meditation with others, Share Yoga provides articles on yoga philosophy and lifestyle, yoga therapy, tips for yoga teachers, yoga poses (asanas), yoga breathing (pranayama), meditation, healing and integrative medicine, spirituality, and yoga events. Additionally, the site sells yoga clothing and accessories and has been named one of the top yoga sites. * Identified key yoga apparel & accessories vendors and developed business relationships. * Designed and developed custom e-commerce storefront and blog. * Recruited content writers for LOHAS audience. * Developed successful social marketing plan to increase overall sales.
Glossi.comis a new publishing platform that enables anyone to create and share their own digital magazines across devices. No design or technical skills required. All thats needed is an idea!
"Founded in 2006 by a team of seasoned internet entrepreneurs, ThisNext.com has changed the way people discover and shop for products online. Today, Santa Monica-based ThisNext has become a must-visit website as part of every shopping trip the ultimate social shopping destination for discovering the hottest products in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, home, and more." * Design & develop UI for content publishing product(s) centered around e-commerce. * Lead department of developers and creatives through agile development process. * Oversee migration of existing properties to entirely new framework. * Hiring all engineers, creatives.
Lessons and Study Focused on: Internal Transformation Principles for effective teaching and practice Ethics/Right-Livelihood Breath/energy cultivation - instruction and practice Yoga Postures- Alignment, Action, and Energy Injury prevention Vocal & Hands-on adjustments Practical techniques of communication Seeing & listening Meditation instruction and practice Leadership About Max Strom: Author of A Life Worth Breathing, Max Strom teaches his method of personal transformation worldwide and is known for inspiring and impacting the lives of his students. His methods address the internal, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our life, as well as physical healing and vitality. He has taught tens of thousands of students, and trained several hundred teachers. Among his 2011 and 2012 speaking appearances were two TEDx events, and a keynote speech on ethics in business at the lululemons 2011 management conference.
* gathering and prioritizing product features, manage & communicate product roadmap * creating product requirement documents, wireframes, design comps * working closely with business partners, creative and engineers to ensure timely and high quality delivery of products * develop a QA workflow, hire & lead QA team * gather and analyze web analytics to determine success of features and new opportunities * design creative for web properties, brand partners such as Lucky Magazine and ad campaigns * hire and lead engineers for StyleHive.com to develop key features such as the daily email newsletter
YogaEarth develops nutrition and other products for the mind-body athlete that have been inspired, field-tested and Yogi-Built by the yoga teacher community. Our Yogi-Built mission led to the engagement of a dedicated yogi community. Yoga teachers spanning a wide range of styles and disciplines, from across the country, co-drafted our organization's guiding philosophical principles, articulated a conceptual focus and alignment between nutrition and yoga practice, and the proposed functional benefits to be achieved by the YogaEarth product family. * create and manage highly effective Facebook ad campaigns * develop web product features * create QA workflow between engineers and executive team for iterative development * web development - code HTML and PHP * design creative and effective landing pages for ad campaigns See yogaearth.com
* Architected and launched a rich-media entertainment website. * Established technology department for this Internet start-up, including hiring web engineers, UI designers, and system administrators. * Created development processes for rapid launching of content into Linux environment. *Managed all phases: planning, design, development, QA and maintenance. * Ensured product is at once flexible enough to rapidly prototype and launch daily content yet robust enough to serve a fast growing user base. * Selected ad server technology (Google DoubleClick) and managed all technology vendor relationships. * Led roadmap development, budget and change processes.
* Developed software project plans and proposals for companies such as Disney, Jim Henson Interactive. * Worked with executive team to develop a $1M+ development budget and project plan for an online multi-player game developed by the company. * Interfaced with clients, development team, and vendors to develop product proposals, schedules, and related documentation and diagrams.
Production Company, Illustration Art Gallery & Bookstore Animation development with Warner Bros. & Miramax / Dimension Responsible for website development reporting to Paul Allen's Seattle, Washington-based parent company Vulcan Inc. *Led the staff to digitize its large art archive in order to reach international customers and increase sales (hundreds of artists, thousands of individual art pieces and books sold online). *Developed the website, which features included e-commerce, events, and online gift basket customization. *Led the on-site technology for this popular children's bookstore & art gallery in accord with the Vulcan web team in Seattle. *Website featured on Oprah.
*Led successful software and web development projects for industry leading clients such as ETRADE, The Jim Henson Company, Excite.com, Traffic Station, The Romp, and Essential Entertainment. *Managed software projects developed in JAVA, PHP, and other web technologies; project budgeting, scheduling, change orders and roadmap. *Responsible for managing web developers and designers. *Interfaced with clients on a daily basis to communicate project status with the successful development and launch of several media websites and applications.
* Managed web development projects for clients, including LineUp.com and BlindDate.com. * Developed interfaces for mobile applications for PacketVideo.
* Started as Web Engineer at DEN developing websites and integrating encoded web video (QuickTime, Real and WMP). Web development used Vignette CMS. * Went on to lead the companys portal department, which launched daily Internet shows and other content for this cutting-edge entertainment site. * Managed team of 20 including graphic designers, community managers, writers and web developers. * Interfaced daily with executive management team as well as cross-functional department heads.