The World's Oldest Startup Making Beverages Safer and More Enjoyable with Premium Ice.
Making Beverages Safer and More Enjoyable
An Ironman finisher, college professor and entrepreneur, Nestor’s drive in work and personal life are unequivocal. Nestor holds an undergraduate and MBA degree from Bentley University and has worked over eight years at two publicly traded companies. Aside from mentoring a number of startups, Nestor is the CEO of the World's Oldest Startup, Tudor Ice. The company is well poised to disrupt the aging bagged ice industry with premium, slow melting ice that makes beverages safer and more enjoyable.
Tudor Ice is pioneering the untapped market of purified ice in tamper-proof packaging. The products store purified water in sealed vessels that, when frozen, allow consumers to cool their drinks in a more efficient manner while also providing them with clean ice in places where they may not have access to trusted sources.
Instructed students on the concepts and tools used to achieve entrepreneurial success. Aside from various tests, case studies and essays, students were required to create a full business plan with financials, a 60-second elevator pitch video, and an executive summary. Students were also required to read (and write a book report on) Eric Reis’s book The Lean Startup which covers numerous relevant concepts including Minimum Viable Product, Build-Measure-Learn and Innovation Accounting. Achieved a perfect score in the Quality Matters (QM) certification for "Introduction to Entrepreneurship". QM is a national peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and student learning.
Urban Drones just lead a very successful Kickstarter campaign for the Splash Drone which is a waterproof drone that is capable of landing and floating on water. It comes with a camera stabilization gimbal that ensures smooth image capture and has a live video feed directly from an on board camera. It also has autonomous functions, can be flown from a phone, and has safety features like an emergency flare mount that will hover over and follow a person in distress for up to fifteen minutes.
Incubate Miami helps accelerate startup by providing seed funding, workspace and intense mentorship from hundreds of the best entrepreneurs in the world. Worked with the graduating class of 2012.
* Directly manage the team which heads up Systemax's private label brands sold via TigerDirect, CompUSA, CircuitCity and industry distribution. * Launched 3 new house brands in 2011 - Interion, Proximus & RayGo which became leaders in their respective categories. * Responsible for over 800 SKUs across 5 brands from over 15 different vendors. * Developed and executed a marketing & management plan which was responsible for the explosive growth of private label in Q1 (51% growth in revenue and 83% in profit) and Q2 (27% growth in revenue and 40.7% in profit)
* Directly responsible for all of Systemax’s house brands sold online via the TigerDirect.com and CircuitCity.com websites as well as in the CompUSA retail stores and online site. * Established a comprehensive roadmap leading the development and launch of over 500 new products over the course of two years including the incredibly well received Ultra X4 Modular Power Supply series which won numerous online awards. * Responsible for record net profit year-over-year growth despite no increase in additional resources. * Created a managed channel pricing program which dramatically increased net margin percentages throughout 2008 and 2009.
• Developed the corporate intranet site which assisted in task organization for the departments of Marketing, Engineering, Human Resources and Sales. • Developed and executed Purchase and Distribution agreements with all key Asian suppliers • Redefined the sales team commission structure which directly linked to over a 75% sales performance increase in Q2 vs. Q3. • Established and maintained company’s product roadmap and launch process plan leading to the launch of over 5 new products in two new categories in Q2’07. • Implemented tools and processes needed to improve the management of inventory via forecasts, run rate scenarios and weekly meetings. • Drafted all major corporate documents such as employee manuals and agreements as well as SOPs for ISO purposes.
• Managed Alienware’s largest customers including Intel, AMD, Microsoft, Disney and NVIDIA. • Developed web-based collaborative tools using Microsoft SharePoint Services to improve efficiencies in order processing, credit approval and billing processes. • Created Government and Corporate Sales forecasts for purchasing, product group and finance departments. • Established relationships with distributors and integrators to develop Alienware’s first ever reseller program for the Hangar-18 platform.
• Re-defined the company’s professional systems product strategy, positioning, roadmap, and messaging thereby driving over 185% growth in 2005. • Coordinated marketing, engineering, supply chain and ecommerce teams to design, validate, build and market over 22 state-of-the-art, high performance, award-winning platforms which collectively grossed over 20% of total annual revenues in 2005. • Developed and maintained an online collaborative portal for key Alienware departments such as Product Group, Supply Chain and Legal. • Key product launches include the Alienware Hivemind server platforms, AlienGUIse, Star Wars and Superman Edition systems, Aurora m7700, Aurora mALX and the Alienware Ozma 5 and 7 Headphones.