Los Angeles, California, US
August 2011 - Present
Pelv-ice™ Summary Pelv-ice was started in August 2011 after the founder, Jill Bigelow a finance professional and USC MBA, gave birth to her second child. Wondering why there was not a knee brace-like device for her "business" post-trauma, she set out to create her own. The device was refined over the following 12 months and then became patent pending in August 2012. Pelv-ice will revolutionize the standard of care for pelvic trauma recovery for both men and women.
Dir of Finance/HR/Operations
November 2011 - January 2013
•Responsible for managing all aspects of accounting, HR, finance and operations for a $20M+ international entertainment company with over 100 employees. •Charged with setting up standards, systems and creating Company’s operating protocol manual including cash management, KPIs, job costing and labor management. •Responsible for forecasting, budgeting, audits and operational metric analysis. •Implemented HR systems including employee manual, hiring and on-boarding protocol. •Managed international accounting and payroll staff. Implemented systems that reduce manual entry, manual reporting and errors. •Maintained relationships and negotiations with partners, vendors and landlords. •Worked with IT Director to create custom workflow, timekeeping and billing software that integrates with Quickbooks.
Manager of Finance and Operational Controls
Rice Garden, Inc.
January 2011 - August 2011
•Responsible for managing all aspects of finance and operational systems for a 45 unit, 400+ employee QSR restaurant group. •Charged with setting up standards, systems and creating Company’s operating protocol manual including cash management, quality controls, menu mix analysis, loss prevention, procurement, receiving, inventory, training and labor management. •Responsible for forecasting, audits and operational metric analysis. •Implemented Cash Management System that reduced Company’s store level cash exposure by 66% and strengthened Loss Prevention efforts. •Managed corporate accounting and payroll staff. Implemented systems that reduced reporting errors by 30% and instituted 100% accountability for on time store level reporting. •Supply chain management and relationships with partners, vendors, retailers and landlords. •Audited vendor records and decreased beverage cost by 22% at store level and discovered past pricing errors resulting in 6% annual budget credit. •Oversaw IT implementation including being the super user for Micros POS system, Great Plains and Crunchtime! •Worked closely with Marketing and HR Departments to track ROI of initiatives and plan upcoming programs. •Trained regional managers on IT, financial reports, operational controls and loss prevention.
Hollyland Development LLC
January 2004 - January 2011
• Value potential investments using DCF, CAP Rate, IRR analysis in various asset classes. • Responsible for all start-up tasks including: creating business model, deal memorandum, raising capital, securing debt and investor relations. • Asset management duties include, meeting financial objectives, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action, investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with service providers and negotiate lease renewals. • Perform exhaustive due diligence including: market research, title search, zoning, neighborhood ordinances and potential local or state tax incentives. • Manage and coordinate consultants for architecture, construction, engineering, legal, and entitlements. • Supervise general contractor and subcontractors during construction phase.
CFO/Director of Operations
800 Wilshire Group LLC
May 2007 - May 2010
• Developed and implemented all operating systems for multi-unit hospitality company specializing in high-end food and beverage sales, such as employee handbook, customer service handbook, and purchasing and receiving procedures. • Managed payroll and insurance for staff of 85. • Managed executive staff of 8 and coached them on systems execution and quality controls. • Responsible for start-up tasks of raising capital, securing debt, site selection and lease negotiations. • Lead team to develop the retail concepts, and oversaw designers and architects execution of the concepts. • Managed construction of over 8,000 sq ft. of retail space in commercial building with budget in excess of $4M. • Created complex financial models for analysis of COGS, labor cost, cash flow, staffing levels, and synthesized the detailed output into weekly, monthly and quarterly budgets. Increased EBITDA by over 400% by decreasing COGS and increasing labor efficiency. • Performed daily sales auditing and reporting and produced meaningful and precise reports for general manager and executive chef to use in their daily operations. • Supply chain management, vendor and producer relations. • Acted as company liaison to local business organizations and City agencies. • Increased sales by 15% via the development and implementation of marketing initiatives • Worked closely with creative team on developing new products and services Key Accomplishments: Responsible for raising capital, securing debt and lease negotiations. Lead team to develop the retail concepts, design the unique spaces and managed construction of those spaces in excess of $4M. Increased EBITDA by over 400% by decreasing COGS and increasing labor efficiency. Increased sales by 15% via the development and implementation of marketing initiatives Worked closely with creative team on new products and services
Real Estate Financial Analyst
The Ratkovich Company
January 2005 - January 2006
• Researched and analyzed potential developments for a $600M privately held commercial real estate development company. • Prepared financial analyses using DCF, CAP rate, IRR analysis in various asset classes including office, retail, and multi-family. • Developed intricate financial models for detailed cash flow analysis to evaluate current assets. • Performed due diligence on assets by assessing operating statements, touring properties, modeling cash flow projections using Argus and Excel, market research, rent roll, and asset quality for potential acquisitions in Southern California. • Acted a company representative with local planning officials in entitlement phase. • Worked with senior management to secure a multi-use conditional use permit from conception through public hearing for $100M commercial project. • Reviewed lease, title and purchase contracts.
The Regent Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel
March 2004 - January 2005
• Managed operational annual budget of over $5.5M of beverages, $3M of food sales, and staff of over 100 employees in a 400 room 5 star/diamond hotel. • Acted as hotel manager on duty in absence of rooms division manager or hotel GM. • In 4 months, lowered beverage cost from 25.5% to 16.5% by implementing new control systems, changing product/vendors, staff education and new purchasing, quality control and storage methods. • Led over 40 group training sessions to educate and inspire the staff about food and beverage product and new programs such as seasonal promotions and VIP client amenities. • Increased sales by 25% after 1st quarter of employment, through the implementation of promotions, new menus, new presentations of food and beverage and increased customer service via implementing team service, beverage quality control, and mandatory staff education and testing. • Led IT team to increase POS system functionality. • Decreased labor cost by $3 per average check by implementing ‘team service’ techniques over a 6-month period. Over 9-month period, led over 40 group training sessions to educate and inspire the staff about food and beverage product and new programs such as seasonal promotions and VIP client amenities. Increased sales by 25% after 1st quarter of employment , through the implementation of promotions, new menus, new presentations of food and beverage and increased customer service via enhanced POS system functionality and new service systems such as team service, beverage quality control, and mandatory staff education and testing. Decreased labor cost by $3 per average check by implementing 'team service' techniques over a 6-month period.
Caffé Citron, Citron Group LLC
January 2000 - January 2004
• Managed restaurant and catering operation with $1M in annual sales and staff of 22. • Developed 55 seat start-up restaurant including: writing business plan, raising capital, securing permits/licenses, managing design and construction, hiring and employee training. • Created all standard operating procedures and handbooks. • Managed advertising, PR, accounting, purchasing, vendors and human resources. • Founded and chaired charity events, and community improvement projects including the Annual Food and Wine Festival and The Monrovia Restaurant Association, a 22 member organization.