AmaDema focuses on the design and manufacturing of advanced composite materials, by identifying the problems and needs of customers in a variety of industries such as aviation, defence, sports, automotive, shipping, etc. and by providing them with a variety of material services and product solutions in the field of materials.
Aerospace, Automotive, Sports and Wind Energy Industries have a continuous need for lighter and at the same time stronger structures. Although the introduction of classic Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP) in aerospace structures promised a nominal 40% reduction in weight over aluminum, CFRPS’ inherent anisotropy and heterogeneity reduced its effectiveness to less than 20%. Additionally, the fluctuation of oil prices and the continuous pollution of the environment demand stronger, fuel-economic structures with stronger and at the same lighter materials. Other applications such as wind blades, sports, yachting, racing and more, continuously seek for higher performance.
In order to back up effectiveness in CFRP Composites, AmaDema developed a technological solution (Patented & Certified) that makes existing CFRPs up to 300% Stronger and 30% lighter. The solution offered by AmaDema is the NanoWeld®. NanoWeld® is not a solution for carbon fabrics only, it can be implemented to any type of fabric (Knitting: UD, woven, etc. and/or Material: carbon, aramid, glass, etc.). It is also a technology adjustable to any existing technical fabric or prepreg production line.
• TRL 8 Small Production Line set-upJanuary, 2019
• Moved to a New Industrial Space in Nicosia (Cyprus) and have already acquired equipment whose value is more than €50 k.September, 2018
• TRL 7 Product Qualification ISO/ASTM CertificationMay, 2018
• 3rd place Award at the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum at the University of CyprusNovember, 2017
• TRL 6 Product Industrial Demonstration at the IEF2017 UCYNovember, 2017
• TRL 5 Technology ValidationDecember, 2016
• Continuously working on increasing the technology readiness level (TRL) of our product, advancing the TRL from 5 to 8 (in scale out of 9)December, 2016
• Patent was filed and secured. NanoWeld® is protected with a worldwide patent as well as with CY, EU, and US registered trademarksNovember, 2016
• 1st National Award at the ClimateLaunchpad competition for innovation and entrepreneurship.October, 2016