HealthWide Solutions is an established healthcare consulting firm founded in 2003. It was founded by Patricia Kloehn, CEO and is a woman owned small business. Patricia Kloehn is a healthcare thought leader and co-author of healthcare whitepapers, books and many contributing articles.
HealthWide Solutions designed SAAS based platforms focused on student emotional health.
Problem: The US spends billions of dollars “reacting” to school violence but the REAL solution must be prevention.
- React via warning systems, cameras, high tech security, guards and simulations of violence.
- Counselors are reactive and unclear which students pose an emotional risk; overwhelmed due to lack of prioritization.
- Most school targeted attacks were planned and shared in advance (80%); most attackers were bullied.
- More deaths occur from suicide than homicide. suicide rate increased by 56% from 2007 to 2017 for ages 10 to 24.
Solution: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- Emphasize emotional awareness weekly uncovering who needs help.
- Prioritize counselor involvement via want to talk & alert words.
- Provide confidential messaging available to warn of intended harm to self or others.
- Connect - lifeline to address suicidal ideation, decrease violence & bullying.